No more searching for materials to develop vowel sounds! This convenient resource has materials and treatment techniques for all the vowels and diphthongs at all levels of ability.
Use No-Glamour Vowels for childhood apraxia of speech, severe articulation disorders, and English Language Learners. The expansive content includes:
- hundreds of pages of picture-based activities progressing through establishment, words, phrases, sentences, and generalization
- hierarchy of simple to complex word shapes and contexts
- stimuli loaded with the target vowel sound are ideal for practice and auditory bombardment
- vowel screening tool
- elicitation and establishment techniques
- manner of production and ages of mastery for each vowel and diphthong
- vowel placement chart
- adaptations for home practice
The activities are organized into these units:
- Long a
- Short a
- Long e
- Short e
- Long i
- Short i
- Long o
- Short o
- Hooked "u" (e.g., book)
- Diphthong "ow"
- Diphthong "oi"
Each unit uses a systematic progression of stimuli:
- Single Word picture pages- twelve pictures/target words per page; organized by word shapes of increasing complexity
- Word/Phrase/Sentences picture pages- four pictures/target words per page; each target word is trained in utterances of increasing length (e.g., ate, the dog ate, the dog ate everything on his plate); phrases and sentences are loaded with the target vowel sound; target words systematically increase in length and complexity
- Word list- a practice list that includes the pictured words (on the Single Word and Word/Phrase/Sentences activity sheets) and additional words in VC, VCC, CV, CCV, CCCV, CVC, CCVC, CVCC, CCVCC, and CCCVC combinations
- Generalization picture pages- illustrations with a short story or poem loaded with the target vowel sounds
- Personalized Practice- each word is presented with a picture and blank lines so you can customize the practice to your client
The generalization and personal practice pages are available online via a code that comes with the book. This supplemental material contains additional printable pages of therapy materials in PDF format.
188 pages • 8.5 x 11, softcover book, plus online access to additional printable pages • ©2012