With the "play and listen" options of this reader, students can work independently, making progress on their own while teachers work with other learning groups. Individual students can practice word recognition and other language activities.
The Califone READER is a read-only “play and listen” card reader that allows students to work independently or in differentiated groups for ELL/ELD instruction, speech-language therapy, special education, and foreign language learning. Individual students can practice word recognition and other language activities as the READER serves as an effective vocal tool that helps support fluency, phonics, phonemic awareness, language, and comprehension activities.
Built with sturdy, rugged ABS plastic to withstand daily classroom use for safety and durability, the READER has a built-in handle for portability and slotted baffles to protect the internal speaker, which is loud enough for up to 20 people. Skid-resistant pads underneath help prevent sliding on whatever surface it's placed on. Its 3.5mm stereo headphone jack can also connect with a jackbox for group listening without disturbing others. It has an AC input and can be battery-powered for both indoor/outdoor uses.
- 1/2 Watt speaker loud enough for up to 20 people
- Slotted baffles avoids prying objects
- Rugged ABS plastic case withstands classroom knocks
- AC input or battery-powered operation
- 3.5mm headphone jack also connects with jackbox for group listening without disrupting others
- Skid-resistant pads underneath help prevent “walking”
- Built-in handle for portability
- Battery operation for added indoor/outdoor uses